Friday, November 23, 2012

 

Thanksgiving

I am thankful beyond words, but this is a blog, and people expect words. These days, people expect the words to come in a podcast or video. Or facebook. Or twitter. Now I am showing how out of the loop I am.

So, I have to use words to express my gratitude.

Jesus. True humanity and undiminished deity. Thank you.

Thank you for faithfully keeping all the promises that were made about your first coming.

Thank you for your patience with each unfaithful individual or group of people you worked through to develop your plan of redemption.

Thank you for patiently teaching the 12, even though they did not understand very much.

Thank you for teaching me patiently, and I definitely understand less.

Thank you for grace. Grace upon grace. Like the waves of the ocean that do not tire or cease to come rolling into the shore.

Thank you for being made sin for me. I know that was not easy. It is not easy for me to fight sin. You who knew it not were made it for me. Not even purgatory, if it existed, could compare to that level of suffering.

Thank you for being righteous for me. Being righteous is natural for you, but only a miracle of tremendous proportions could allow me to be made into your righteousness.

Thanks for not just wiping the slate clean, but writing in permanent and indelible clear terms «forgiven,» «accepted,» and «kept by the power of God.» My life is no longer a slate on which I write with wasted chalk, but a book of rich treasures that Christ writes on my behalf.

Thanks for that.

I could thank for other things, but this truth is the best. «Sanctify them through your truth» and «I sanctify myself that they in me might be sanctified.» Father and Son in perfect harmony are the principle actors in my sanctification.

Thank you.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?