Tuesday, January 08, 2008

 

I am OK

If you read the news from Africa, you might get the picture that a person there is always in serious danger. Kenya is having serious problems, Zimbabwe is having serious problems. South Africa is considered a part of high violent crime. There are wars in the DRC and Sudan among other places. AIDS and malaria threaten here worse than any other place. Around fifty thousand people are being evacuated because of floods in Mozambique for the umpteenth time. However, I am in good health and far from those social and political problems. The rain here invariably traps me or soaks me, but I the serious floods are far south from here. So, do not worry about me. God is taking good care of me. But pray for Africa. What inconveniences me here in Nampula threatens the way of life and lives in other places. These are lives of people who hear all kinds of gospels but never hear a clear, consistent, biblical teaching of salvation in Christ, people who do not have the Bible in their language, and people who spend more time trusting sacrifices, ancestors, and curandeiros than the God of creation. So, don't stop praying for me, but pray for Africa.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?