Tuesday, May 02, 2006

 

My Food Is Staring At Me!

This past weekend, I was able to go on a church retreat. It was a good time to get to know the people at church better, be involved in the ministry, and test my Portuguese skills. There were no native English speakers, and maybe three out of the fifty really knew English well. I also got a crash course in Portuguese food culture. We had fish, lots of fish. One of the days, the fish was grilled whole and served whole. It was a little strange for this Nebraska boy to eat seafood while looking it in the eye. However, it was good. I am now writing English for the first time in five days, and I have only said maybe five sentences in English since I got back. This proves that I am coming along in the language fairly well. I was even able to speak publicly on the what it means to be a church. The whole weekend was a good time of fellowship, challenge, and growth. It makes the Bible seem all new again to be studying it and learning from it in a new language.

Please pray for continued progress in the language. Please pray for my upcoming summer plans as I return to the States. Please pray for my support to be there when I head to Mozambique next year. Please pray for the Mozambique team as they plan where to place those of us coming in the next several months. Praise the Lord for the progress already made in the language. Praise the Lord for the fact that Mozambique is getting closer and closer. Praise the Lord for the team in Mozambique and the works that have already been started over the last year and a half.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?