Monday, April 24, 2006

 

A Little Picture (s), Not Posting Well







This is a little courtyard that has a real historical feel. I found it this last week, as I took a self tour of the university grounds. It is part of a monastery fortress that was part of the kingdom in Portugal hundreds of years ago.








This is the sunrise at our sunrise service a week ago Sunday. It was not a very sunny day, as you can see. In fact, despite some days of warmth, snow actually fell on the mountains not too far from here later in the week.









Finally, this great piece of graffiti. The words mean, "Arms to the people, bombs to the bourgeoise." I think it is funny to read things like this because this is not a violent society, but young students feel like they have to write something radical in order to be important. It is also funny because it is supposed to be a profound and important message, but the writer made a mistake, scribbled out the mistake, and rewrote the word below. I can just see the poor kid, more emotion that thought, trying to passionately get out the message, and making a mistake. Kids. I guess I am/was one as well, but I try to be a little more respectful of property, a little more professional, and a little more well reasoned.

This coming weekend, I am going to attend a retreat with my church here. It will be a full weekend of complete exposure in Portuguese. I would like to use it not only for language purposes, though. I would also like to be a ministry to my new friends.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?