Thursday, April 06, 2006

 

Faith

Who do men say that I am?

Some say a John the Baptist, some say Elijah, some say Jeremiah, some say a prophet, some say a teacher, some say a liar, some say never existed, some say cool dude.

Who do you say that I am?

The Messiah, The Son of the Living God.

Who do men say that faith is?

Some say morality, some say religion, some say illogical, some say foolish, some say uneducated, some say keep it out of public discussion, some say it is not science, some say it is important, some say it is irrelevant.

Who do you say that faith is?

It is certainty, assurance of knowing the truth.

"I had rather see an entire regiment armed and ready for combat coming toward me than one lone calvinist convinced he is doing the will of God" (author unknown).

This common sentiment is more real than we may know. There are many kinds of "calvinists." Not all of them believe in God. I fear atheists in their faith convinced that evolution, themselves, or some convention has dictated something and they must fulfill it.

I fear Christians and anyone else who misunderstand just what faith is. Faith is not a groovy feeling or a deep sentiment. Faith is not trusting the illogical or nonsensical. I repeat, Faith is the evidence of things not seen, the substance of things hoped for.

As a Christian, I think it is important that I know that Jesus is The Christ. I think it is important to know that in full assurance. If that makes me one of those feared calvinists, then so be it. The difference is that I will talk with you about it over a cup of coffee. Those insecure "calvinists" are trying to bomb, regulate, or conquer earthly kingdoms.

Faith is believing the facts to be true, and having the wisdom to discern what the facts are. Many people believe "facts" that never existed as fact. That is not faith; it is foolishness.

If you want faith, get wisdom, get knowledge, and with all your getting, get understanding.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?