Monday, March 20, 2006

 

International Movie Star?

This past weekend, my church here did a special program for Portuguese Father's Day (Happy Portuguese Father's Day, Dad). In that program, one of the guys in my Sunday School class made a film of sketches, and I was in one of them. Okay, I did not have to say anything, and I did not have a big lot of things to do, just type on a computer. However, it was a bit of a fiasco, as I was rushing to finish the shooting, but I still missed the train for another meeting on Saturday and arrived late. Oh, well, next time I will schedule things farther apart. However, it is another opportunity to be involved in local church ministry with limited language ability. One day, I trust that I will be able to speak publicly as I do in English. Until then, I like to find creative ways to be involved.

Praise the Lord for much needed rain here in Portugal. Praise the Lord for a good week of classes. Please pray for the next several weeks of classes. Sometimes I really feel like I have made good progress, and other times I have difficulty with very basic pronunciation. Please pray for the field of Mozambique as the people here look forward to arriving and the people there are learning languages more difficult than Portuguese.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?