Thursday, February 16, 2006

 

What Can I Say?

I seem to be full of words this week. Maybe because I am being a little bombarded by some other things. I am a fan of literature, and a student of thought. I know that the major themes in writing and the arts are common across the board. Therefore I am not surprised that all of the Portuguese stories I get in class are right in line with the messages of Dickens and Hugo. However, I am a little sick of hearing about class warfare and relative morality. Maybe that is why I have read more non-fiction in the last few years. I am being reacquainted with that now, as I study excerpts from Portuguese literature in class. I am also well sure that my theory that western and eastern philosophy have the same origin. At any rate, eastern philosophy is very popular now in all institutions of higher learning. Beyond this, I am bombarded this week with stories in the news that are beyond belief.

  • Secret China Nukes

  • Abortion Issue


  • Aftermath of a Shooting

  • Sadaam: Al Qaida Insider

  • This Movie Is Huge In Europe

  • Bad Pictures of Poor Behavior

  • Haiti: How Long Will It Last?

  • Venezuela a Gathering Threat

  • If You Are Brave, Bird Flu in Portuguese

  • Gay Marriage in Portugal (in Portuguese)

  • Comments: Post a Comment

    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?