Tuesday, February 07, 2006

 

Personal and Prayer

I had a great day Sunday. I was able to play basketball at a nearby park with some of my classmates and some other people who were at the park as well. We had two from China, two from Macao, three from Portugal, one from France, one from Northern Ireland, and one from the USA. It was a real international event. We all decided to make it a regularly scheduled event. I really enjoyed it because it was my first real chance to play in a long time and my first really good exercise since I arrived in Portugal. It was also important for another reason. In order for me to be involved in missionary work, I have to have a missionary visa. In order to study Portuguese at the university, I have to have a student visa. These two do not mix easily. My main purpose for being here is to study Portuguese. However, all of these people have been placed here with me, and I want to be able to have a positive impact on their lives. This is one opportunity, and I want it to be used for God's glory. Please pray for me to have a good testimony.

This is probably just a little off topic, but the Ivory Coast soccer team has successfully advanced to the next round in the African Cup of nations. The semi-finals are today. Their civil war goes on hold during each game. Liberia has begun to receive special training and help in the wake of their successful elections. Liberia was a mess for years, tough for missionaries (like my parents) to even enter at times. This looks like good news.

My exams have come and gone, but I will not know the results until after the next semester begins. Please pray that I God would increase my ability in and dedication to Portuguese study.

I think I am dealing with my annual cold right now. It is not bad. I did not have it until classes were over, and it is almost gone now. Praise the Lord for the perfect timing and overall good health.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?